Tanzania Day Tours - Arusha National Park Day Trip
Established in 1960, Arusha National Park is found in the northeastern Arusha region of Tanzania. The park covers an area of 137 square kilometers and includes Mount Meru, a distinctive volcano with an elevation of 4566 m. Though it is one of Tanzania’s smallest parks, Arusha is a shining jewel of wildlife and diverse habitats. It features various topographies and wildlife sanctuaries that make it one of the most beautiful and unique places in the world.
- Activities: game drives in a pop-up roof 4x4 vehicle
- Getting around: open-sided 4x4 vehicle & pop-up roof 4x4 vehicle
- A transfer from and back to the airport (or hotel) is included
- Additional accommodation before and at the end of the tour can be arranged for extra cost
Tour Details:Duration: day tour (approx.)
Group size: Max 7
Start: Arusha, Tanzania
End: Arusha Tanzania
Departure Time: 7:00am
(subject to change due to local traffic conditions)
Day by Day Itinerary
- You'll be collected from the airport (or hotel).
- Accommodation before the tour departs can be arranged for extra cost.
Day Tour: Arusha National Park Day Trip
After breakfast you are met by our professional tour guide/driver, who will deliver a short safari info briefing, after which we travel east to the Arusha National Park. This small but beautiful Tanzanian National Park is the closest national park to both the famous Arusha “safari town” (40 km) as well as the Kilimanjaro International Airport, thus making it ideal for one day safaris or tours. Not only is the animal life in the park abundant, but it is also one of the most beautiful and topographically varied parks in Tanzania. The park’s three most significant features include the rugged Mount Meru (Tanzania’s second highest peak at 4566m), the notably different colored Momela Lakes, and the 3 km wide Ngurdoto Crater, which was formed about fifteen million years ago!
At the Momella Gate, an armed ranger will be waiting for you to accompany you on your walking safari that will give you the chance to experience the wildlife up-close. Only a few other national parks in Tanzania give you such an opportunity and it is something that should not be missed. Lunch will be taken at a picnic place and in the afternoon, you will continue your tour in the safari vehicle through the Arusha National Park.
We will enjoy a picnic lunch inside the park and do an afternoon game drive, visiting both the Momela Lakes and the Ngurdoto Crater. Wildlife which could be seen include African buffalos, elephants, hippos, giraffe, warthogs, antelopes, zebras, blue monkeys and sometimes a rare leopard or hyena. Late afternoon we depart for Arusha where we will end our safari adventure. After plenty of time allocated for you to observe the wildlife, we will take you back to Arusha.
Need Our Help?
Do not hesitate to contact us for any questions or information. We will be happy to serve you. Call or e-mail us.: +17207571434
Why Viber Tours?
- Independent expert travel advice
- Full service private tours.
- Real value at a fair price
- Tailor-made safaris and tours
- Best safari accommodation
- Expert on safari support, 24/7
- Day trip according to the itinerary
- Transportation in a 4×4 safari vehicle
- Professional, English-speaking guide
- National Park Ranger
- Meals according to the itinerary
- Mineral water
- All mentioned activities
- All national park fees
- Optional activities
- Alcoholic and soft drinks
- Visa fees
- Personal spending money for souvenirs etc.
- Travel insurance