5 Days Serengeti and Ngorongro Crater Luxury Safari
Famous safari destinations are many in Africa, but few can compete with Serengeti and Ngorongoro Crater. This safari is famous for the world’s natural phenomena namely the Great Wildebeest Migration and Africa’s Big cats at Serengeti, while Ngorongoro offers a superb view of the “Big Five” on exciting game drives that will make your safari unforgettable. Come explore Africa with us!
- You'll go to Tanzania and this tour starts and ends in Arusha (Tanzania)
- You'll visit Serengeti NP & Ngorongoro
- Activities: game drives in an open-sided 4x4 vehicle & pop-up roof 4x4 vehicle
- Getting around: open-sided 4x4 vehicle & pop-up roof 4x4 vehicle
- A transfer from and back to the airport (or hotel) is included
- Additional accommodation before and at the end of the tour can be arranged for extra cost
Day by Day Itinerary
- You'll be collected from the airport (or hotel).
- Accommodation before the tour departs can be arranged for extra cost.
Day 1: Arusha - Serengeti National Park
After a hot breakfast at Arusha Planet Lodge our driver will pick you up, with a picnic lunch to enjoy along the way and take you to the Maasai endless plains of the Serengeti National Park. The Serengeti's main attraction is the Great Wildebeest Migration, consisting of up to 2 million wildebeest, zebra, impala and gazelles. The predator viewing is exceptional with sites of Africa’s majestic lion and huge numbers of cheetah, leopard and hyena. Other animals commonly found in the park include topi, eland, hartebeest, buffalo, elephant, caracal, serval, bat-eared fox, hyrax, genet, hares, porcupine, aardvark, giraffe, jackal, mongoose, crocodile and others. In the evening you will depart for Katikati camp where you will have dinner and enjoy a comfortable overnight stay.
Day 2: Seronera
After a hot breakfast at Katikati Camp your driver guide will take you the inner parts of Seronera following the Great Wildebeest Migration, as well as sightings of the Big Cats! In the afternoon you will enjoy lunch at a Seronera picnic site and then take off for another exciting game drive until the evening when your driver will take you back to Katikati Camp for dinner and your overnight stay.
Day 3: Seronera - Ndutu
You will wake early, enjoy a hot breakfast and then drive to the southern region of Serengeti, Ndutu region. The Serengeti's southern plains are where the name of the park comes from. Vast grass plains stretch from southern Seronera into the Ngorongoro Conservation area. Outside the migration season this area is not as good for game viewing as the central Seronera region or the Western Corridor, but from December through April the migration covers the entire area. February is a superb time of year to be here for the spectacle of the calving season, when some 8,000 wildebeest are born every day for a two week period. In the evening you will depart the region for the Ndutu Safari Lodge where you will enjoy a delicious dinner and comfortable overnight stay.
Day 4: Ndutu
You will rise early, enjoy a delicious breakfast at Ndutu Safari Lodge and then continue to follow the Great Wildebeest Migration and the Big Cats as well as explore the stunning landscape. You will enjoy a delicious lunch at a Ndutu picnic site and later in the evening you will depart to Ndutu Safari Lodge for dinner and your overnight stay.
Day 5: Serengeti - Ngrorongoro - Arusha
You will rise early, enjoy a delicious breakfast and check out of Ndutu Lodge. You will then drive and descend into the Ngorongoro Crater, the world's largest crater. The Ngorongoro Crater is the best place in Tanzania to see 'The Big Five' and a healthy population of black rhino and some of the largest tusked elephants left in Africa. The crater is also home to large populations of lion, leopard and hyena along with healthy herds of wildebeest, buffalo and zebra. Other wildlife to observe are the serval cat, cheetah, jackal, gazelle, flamingo and bat-eared foxes. The crater also inhabits approximately 400 different species of bird. In the evening you will depart back to Arusha where you safari will end.
- Park fees (for non-residents)
- All activities (unless labeled as optional)
- All accommodation (unless listed as upgrade)
- Camping equipment (sleeping bag excluded)
- A professional driver/guide
- All transportation (unless labeled as optional)
- All Taxes/VAT
- Roundtrip airport transfer
- Meals (as specified in the day-by-day section)
- Drinking water (on all days)
- International flights (from/to home)
- Additional accommodation before and at the end of the tour
- Sleeping bag
- Bath towels
- Tips (tipping guideline US$10.00 pp per day)
- Personal items (souvenirs, travel insurance, visa fees, etc.)
- Government imposed increase of taxes and/or park fees