3 Days Southern Tanzania Safari (Selous Game Reserves)
Selous Game Reserve is a spectacular game viewing and has superb African vistas. Located in southern Tanzania, a trip to this park allows you to learn in-depth knowledge about complex ecosystems and diverse creatures that are usually skimmed over in more crowded areas.
- You'll go to Tanzania and this tour starts and ends in Dar Es Salaam (Tanzania)
- You'll visit Selous GR & Dar es Salaam
- Activities: game drives, walking safaris (with an armed guide) & boat safari
- Game drives: pop-up roof 4x4 vehicle
- A transfer from and back to the airport (or hotel) is included
- Additional accommodation before and at the end of the tour can be arranged for extra cost
Day by Day Itinerary
- You'll be collected from the airport (or hotel).
- Accommodation before the tour departs can be arranged for extra cost.
Day 1: Dar es Salaam to Selous Game Reserve
In the morning we will pick you at the hotel and depart to Selous Game Reserve with a stop for a picnic lunch on the way. The journey will take 5 hours. There will be a late afternoon boat safari along the mighty Rufiji River. This brings you into close contact with hippo, crocodile, and fantastic bird life. Animals make their way to the river to drink and boats may approach elephant, lions, buffaloes, giraffes, waterbuck, and other game on the river banks within a few meters. Crocodile glide into the water as your boat approaches and hippo appear in frightening proximity, grunting and blowing steam. Dinner and overnight will be at Selous Jimbiza Camp. The camp have private bathroom and toilet inside the room.
Day 2: Full Game Drive in Selous Game Reserve
You will have a full day in the Selous Game Reserve explorating the reserve by 4 wheel drive vehicle. The permit will allow you to have good photographic opportunities and the chance to explore different sections of vast park. The Selous Game Reserve is the largest in Africa, covering 54,600 square kilometer. Selous is famous for its elephants, commonly seen are lions, wild dogs, buffaloes, bushbuck, impalas, elands, baboons, zebras, and greater kudus. It was originally set aside as a hunting area where animals are abundant but more shy than the Northern Parks. Dinner and overnight will be at Selous Jimbiza Camp.
Day 3: Walking Safari at Selous then Drive to Dar es Salaam
Early morning before breakfast, you will have a wilderness walking safari that will give you a particularly intimate feel for the African wilds. Walking safaris offer a good chance of seeing giraffe, zebra, elephant, and good birding. It starts in the morning with the guidance of an local experienced guide. This takes 2 hours before you come back to the campsite for breakfast and later drive back to Dar es Salaam. You will arrive there around 4 or 5 pm and be dropped off at the hotel or airport.
- Park fees (for non-residents)
- All activities (unless labeled as optional)
- All accommodation (unless listed as upgrade)
- Camping equipment (sleeping bag excluded)
- A professional driver/guide
- All transportation (unless labeled as optional)
- All Taxes/VAT
- Roundtrip airport transfer
- Meals (as specified in the day-by-day section)
- Drinking water (on all days)
- International flights (from/to home)
- Additional accommodation before and at the end of the tour
- Sleeping bag
- Bath towels
- Tips (tipping guideline US$10.00 pp per day)
- Personal items (souvenirs, travel insurance, visa fees, etc.)
- Government imposed increase of taxes and/or park fees