10 Days Ruaha NP, Selous Game Reserve and Zanzibar Fly-in
This comprehensive private fly-in safari to Southern Tanzania brings you to the top-rated safari destinations Ruaha National Park and Selous Game Reserve with at the end time to rest and relax on the white beaches of Zanzibar. Benefit from comfortable luxury camps and resorts, excellent wildlife and nature experiences, professional safari guides and one of the most sought after beach destinations in the world.
- You'll go to Tanzania and this tour starts and ends in Dar Es Salaam (Tanzania)
- You'll visit Selous GR, Ruaha NP & Dar es Salaam
- Activities: game drives, walking safaris (with an armed guide) & boat safari
- Getting around: air transfer & Game drives: open-sided 4x4 vehicle
- A transfer from and back to the airport (or hotel) is included
- Additional accommodation before and at the end of the tour can be arranged for extra cost
Day by Day Itinerary
- You'll be collected from the airport (or hotel).
- Accommodation before the tour departs can be arranged for extra cost.
Day 1-3: Ruaha National Park
Upon arrival at Dar es Salaam Airport you will be welcomed by our representative and assisted with your connecting flight to Ruaha National Park.
No other National Park in Tanzania has the diversity of Ruaha. Elephant in huge numbers are a common site and the population seems to be growing. Giraffe are everywhere, as are zebra and impala among the other herbivores. Both the greater and lesser kudu occur here, as do the magnificent eland, sable and roan antelope. The Ruaha River also provides an ecosystem on its own with its huge Nile crocodiles, pods of hippo and all the other smaller mammals and reptiles.
At the centre of the Park is the Ruaha River which flows into the Rufiji River in the Selous, and on to the Indian Ocean. A number of smaller seasonal rivers all flow into the Ruaha including the Mzombe and the Mwagusi. These waterways are a vital life-source and make for a picturesque backdrop to the animal action.
Day 4-6: Selous Game Reserve
After morning safari activity and breakfast a flight transfer will bring you to Selous.
Vast, pristine and largely undiscovered, the spectacular Selous Game Reserve is a World Heritage Site and the largest expanse of game reserve in Africa. Covering 55,000 square kilometres of rolling savannah, lakes, rivers and deltas, it is four times the size of the Serengeti and larger than the entire nation of Switzerland. Home to the largest concentrations of elephants in the world, this unique wildlife arena also boasts some of the most exclusive and pioneering boating safaris that Africa has to offer. Selous affords great opportunities for game viewing by vehicle, on foot and by boat.
Selous is home to a third of Tanzania’s elephant and two thirds of the hunting dog population. The population of dogs peaks in September and October and packs of up to 56 dogs have been spotted in the reserve. The Rufiji River is home to plenty of hippo and crocodiles.
Available: walking, boat safari.
Day 7-9: Zanzibar
After breakfast a flight transfer will bring you to Zanzibar. Upon arrival at Zanzibar Airport you will be welcomed by our representative and a road transfer will bring you to Next Paradise Boutique Resort.
The Zanzibar archipelago is set in the Indian Ocean and made up of the larger islands of Pemba and Unguja (also called Zanzibar Island).
The Next Paradise Boutique Resort sits on one of the most beautiful white sandy beaches of Zanzibar, facing directly the Indian Ocean and protected by the coral reef which is about one kilometer away.
Located only a 45 minutes drive from Stone Town and 30 minutes from Nungwi and Kendwua, (the beaches of north) it is the perfect place to organize excursions in Zanzibar, spice tours, swim with dolphins, big game fishing, kitesurfing, diving and snorkeling to Mnemba atoll.
Day 10: Dar es Salaam
After a last day on the beach, a road transfer will bring you to Zanzibar Airport for your flight to Dar es Salaam to meet your onward arrangements.
- Park fees (for non-residents)
- All activities (unless labeled as optional)
- All accommodation (unless listed as upgrade)
- Camping equipment (sleeping bag excluded)
- A professional driver/guide
- All transportation (unless labeled as optional)
- All flights during the tour
- All Taxes/VAT
- Roundtrip airport transfer
- Meals (as specified in the day-by-day section)
- Drinking water (on all days)
- International flights (from/to home)
- Additional accommodation before and at the end of the tour
- Roundtrip airport transfer
- Some meals (as specified in the day-by-day)
- Tips (tipping guideline US$10.00 pp per day)
- Personal items (souvenirs, travel insurance, visa fees, etc.)
- Government imposed increase of taxes and/or park fees